Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Missed it again...



I love the first day of a month, I'm not sure why, but I do. However I always only seem to remember it is the first on the second. The first of the month means a special rituelle in my newly francophiled family. According to an ancient South of France proverb, on the first of the month one is to eat lentils to garner more wealth! While I'd rather a rituelle for health, happiness and love, I'll take some more wealth too. But in my absent-mindness, and forgetting it was the first, yesterday, we will be having lentils tonight...and I'll be buying a scratchie tomorrow.


Seeing as it is the beginning of the Australian winter, here are some from our European winter, taken from the balcony of our chatelet, of the snow, while snowing. That snow just doesn't happen down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment