Saturday, May 29, 2010

Irresponsible Service of Alcohol


There is a very good reason that I decided to moderate my attendance at Friday night drinks after work. After oh so too many Saturday mornings dealing with a bouncing stomach, a jackhammer in my head and all those cringing moments when you have a flash back to some embarrassing behaviour in front of work colleagues or worse - the boss, I decided to pull up stumps and save my dignity. However in the wash up of the GFC firm wide drinks have been reinstated. FREE firm wide drinks. I think it's because we were deprived for so long of this marvelous event where the company says, "Thanks for working so hard, get pissed on us!" That it roused an excitement amongst us ants, an excitement that had everyone planning their evenings around it. The game plan was, hit it hard, hit it early and get out. Well I managed to execute the first two elements of the strategy...I blame it on the lack of decent food.* So I found myself, have a very heated, drunken debate with a colleague**, in an inebriated state*** realising that the room had emptied out. Trying to get back to my desk to get my bag, then get to my next destination, all alone was no. easy. feat****. But after a few SOS calls and a network of lovely friends that sent someone to find me it all end much better (and slightly more sober.)


*If you didn't want deep fried processed meat there wasn't a lot of option.
** Insert cringe moments here...oh too many to fully catalogue
***Which comes from going drink to drink with people that can actually handle their alcohol
****Who puts a bar in the basement of a hotel with no street access?!

Bonne journee xx

1 comment:

  1. haha I remember that night! You were stumbling all over Level 9. The good ole days :)

    ReplyDelete